Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Summer 2009 House Project

So.....as most of you know by now, I'm going to be a BIG BROTHER pretty soon!
Throughout the summer, we've been doing a lot of demolition around the house to get ready for our new family member.

First order of business.....move the office UPSTAIRS!
In order to make that happen, we had to add insulation, knock down walls and rebuild them differently, prime, paint, etc. etc. etc.

Here are some pictures of the process.....

There used to be a full wall here. A half-wall is more functional for this space.
Originally, there was no insulation up here...not anymore!

Sheet rock is up. Ready for MUD!

Half-wall is complete.
Goodbye Blue....Hello Neutral!
Finished (yet still unvacuumed) room!
Let the moving of computers and furniture commence!!

MOVING ON.......
Now that the office has been moved upstairs, the old office is ready to become my
BIG BOY ROOM!!!! I am soooo excited!

Here are the BEFORE colors.

While Daddy primed the walls, Thomas and I chugged along the "track".


Isn't this a great color??

Carpet has been installed. It's soooo soft on my piggies!!!

I have a room with a view!

My BIG BOY BED!!!!!

My new bed is a great place to get some reading done.
I LOVE my new room!! : )
Thank you Daddy, PopPop, Uncle Al, and Uncle Albert (Builder Al) for working together to get our house ready for me and my new Baby Brother or Sister.
Your hard work is VERY appreciated!!!!

No comments: